Superpower Pops by Dr. Oetker
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling and chilling Cooking time: 5 minutes (to melt the chocolate) Ingredients
- 200g (7oz) Dr. Oetker White Fine Cook’s Chocolate
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Crisp rice cereal
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Valencian Orange Natural Extract
- Dr. Oetker Red, Blue, Green and Yellow Gel Food Colours
- Break up the White Chocolate into pieces and put in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the rice cereal in a large bowl and scrape the chocolate on top. Mix in a little, then add the Orange Extract and continue mixing until all the rice is coated in Chocolate.
- Transfer one quarter of the chocolatey cereal into another bowl – put the remaining mixture back over the water to keep it soft. Add about 20 drops Red Gel Food colour and mix very well until evenly coloured.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoonful into each of 6 x 90ml (6 tbsp) ice lolly moulds and press down gently using the end of a wooden spoon.
- Transfer another portion of the cereal mix into a bowl and work in about 30 drops Blue Gel Food colour to make a bright shade. Pile on top of the red layer and pack down well as above.
- Colour half the remaining mixture with 30 drops Green Gel Food colour, and the final batch with 35 drops Yellow Gel Food colour. Layer each colour as above.
- Push 6 wooden lolly sticks into the mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours until solid.
- To serve, carefully dip the moulds in hot water for a few seconds and gently pull the pop from the mould. The pops are now ready to serve and enjoy!
TIP: Try flavouring the pop mix with Dr Oetker Caramel Flavour, Natural Vanilla Extract or Sicilian Lemon as alternatives.