Bite into one of these Nutella truffles and what a surprise – a caramelised hazelnut in the centre!
Recipe from Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes, which is available to purchase here. Makes 15 Truffles | Preparation time : 20 min | Cooking time : 5 min |Chilling time : 30 min Ingredients:
- 30 g (2 tbsp) caster/superfine sugar
- 15 whole hazelnuts
- 50 g (2 oz) plain
- 150 g (½ cup) Nutella
- 2 tbsp single/light cream
- 30 g (1 oz)
- Hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- In a saucepan, dissolve the caster/superfine sugar with 2 tbsp water to make a caramel. When it is ready, add the hazelnuts and mix thoroughly. When the hazelnuts are well coated with caramel, place them on a sheet of baking parchment and leave to dry.
- In a saucepan, melt the plain chocolate cut into pieces with the cream and Nutella®. Mix thoroughly until well combined then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop up a nut-sized piece of the chocolate mixture. Add a caramel-coated hazelnut and roll in the palm of your hand to form a small ball.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used, then roll the balls in the toasted, chopped hazelnuts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
You can purchase Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes here.