This popping candy fudge is a super no-bake recipe for the children to make and the adults to enjoy! These rich little bites of chocolate melt-in-your-mouth, and the addition of popping candy adds a surprisingly fun element to this simple recipe!
Popping Candy Fudge
Preparation time 20-30 mins
Baking time none
Makes 40 plus pieces of faux fudge
- 350g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 1x 397g can condensed milk
- 30g butter
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 150g pistachios
- 20g orange fruit flakes
- Popping candy - optional
- Bash your chocolate in its wrapper on the side of the worktop or table to get it into small pieces.
- Empty the chocolate into a heavy based saucepan and add the condensed milk, butter and salt. Stir to melt over a low heat.
- Put the pistachios into a freezer or food bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have all different sized pieces.
- Add the nuts and orange pieces to the chocolate and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 23cm square tin or baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula. Let the fudge cool a little, then sprinkle a tablespoon of popping candy on the top. Transfer to the fridge until set.
- When set, cut into small squares and lift out using your spatula. Pile high on a plate and put any leftover portions wrapped in clingfilm in the freezer. You can take these out any time and eat almost immediately, it takes no time to defrost.
- You can put any flavour combination you like in this fudge but keep the pistachios because the saltiness works really well with the sweet rich chocolate. Cranberries work extremely well too.
- The popping candy is optional, without it this is simply a quick fudge that your children will love as will dinner party guests if you serve this with their coffee.