These apple and blackberry puffs are so easy to make, and taste delicious on their own or served with custard or ice cream. As long as you have puff pastry to hand you can make fruit puffs in minutes!
Apple and Blackberry Puffs
Preparation time 10-15 mins
Baking time 20 mins
- 425g pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 bramley or firm desert apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar or vanilla sugar
- 1 x 150g punnet fresh blackberries
- 1 egg beaten to wash
- Icing sugar to dust
- Heat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Dust a work surface with icing sugar, then unroll the pastry and cut 8 equal squares by cutting once through the middle lengthways and 4 horizontal cuts.
- Combine the apples, sugar and blackberries in a bowl and put a small pile on each pastry square. Brush the edge of the pastry with the egg wash, then top with another square to encase the fruit. Seal the edges by pressing with a fork, trim with a knife if you want neat edges but rustic looks more homemade. With a pastry brush egg wash the top. Slash each pastry once, lift onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard for a satisfying pudding.