Try this really simple recipe to spruce up your morning and get going!
Go Go Granola
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300g rolled oats
- 25g dried cranberries
- 25g sour cherries
- 25g dried blueberries
- 25g jumbo raisins
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/ gas mark 2. In a large bowl mix together the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla. To this, add the oats and seeds and combine thoroughly.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer over two baking sheets and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the dried fruits and coconut, then return to the oven for a further 10 mins. Don’t be tempted to wait for it to darken in colour or go too crispy, this is a lovely chewy soft bite granola that keeps a lovely texture.
- Remove from the oven and tip onto a large sheet of baking paper or another tray to cool. Once cooled you can store this in an clean kilner jar for up to a month, although its unlikely to last more than a day or two as it is really moreish with milk, yoghurt and even on its own!
* Wipe your tablespoon with oil to help with measuring the honey and maple syrup - it will glide straight off.
* Play with flavours, let the children choose their favourites to add in the same quantities, there are lots of dried fruits to choose from!