Today our family favourite recipe comes from Little Cupcake Boxes. Jackie made this delicious marbled millionaires shortbread for the family on a Sunday.
Eldest sister Debbie admitted "Jackie is a far better baker than me" - but this is exactly what we want to see over National Baking Week, families coming together!
Marbled Millionaires Shortbread
- 9oz (270g) Shortbread biscuits
- 3 oz (75g) butter, melted
- 5oz (150g) butter
- 5oz (150g) dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can of condensed milk
- 8oz (200g) milk chocolate
- 4oz (100g) white chocolate
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make the base. You can either make the shortbread in the baking tray or cheat (much quicker!) and crush up shortbread biscuits and mix with the melted butter to form the base. Flatten gently with a metal spoon until even. Pop in fridge to chill whilst making caramel.
- To make the caramel, put the sugar and butter in a saucepan and stir over a fairly low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved. The fat may look as though it is not blending in, be patient, it will.
- Add the condensed milk and keep stirring as it comes to the boil. Remove from the hob and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cooled a little, pour the caramel mixture over the shortbread base and leave to cool further.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (not allowing the bowl to touch the water)
- Melt the 2 different chocolates separately.
- Once the caramel mixture has cooled, pour the milk chocolate over it, spreading evenly over the base. Then pour the white chocolate over, doing the same. The chocolates will blend slightly.
- Use a skewer or kebab stick to draw lines about 5cm’s apart through the mixture from one side of the tin to the other. (Pull the skewer one way through the mixture then leave an approx. gap of 5cm and pull it back the other way and so on to create the marble effect)
- Allow to set slightly. Before the chocolate has completely hardened, cut into slices. It will be difficult to do so once the chocolate is completely hard. Enjoy!