This festive no-bake Tiffin Tray is a very moreish bake, and perfect to give as a gift to your loved ones.
Festive No-Bake Tiffin Tray Preparation time 15 mins
Chilling time 4 hours
For the tiffin:
- 250g dark chocolate min 70% cocoa solids
- 150g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 300g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g dried fruit (we used mainly cranberries)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp brandy or rum (optional)
- 250g white chocolate, melted but cooled slightly
- Edible sprinkles or glitter to decorate
- Grease and line a deep 20cm square cake tin (preferably with a loose bottom).
- Place the dark chocolate, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Place the pan on the heat and allow them to melt gently, stirring a little. Remove from the heat and add the optional brandy or rum.
- Next stir in the crushed biscuits, mixed spice and dried fruit. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the mixture in to the prepared tin and then, using the back of a metal spoon, press down so that it is evenly spread and compacted. Place the tin in the fridge until set.
- To make the topping, melt the white chocolate and then pour over the chilled tiffin. Spread it evenly and either decorate now or allow the chocolate to cool in the fridge and decorate later. Cut into squares or triangles. The tiffin will keep for a week in a tin.