This delicious no bake cake is perfect for surprising Mum this Mother’s Day.
Chocolate Tiffin CakePreparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling and chilling - Cooking time: 10 minutes - Serves: 12 Ingredients
- 150g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ 72 % Extra Dark Chocolate
- 150g (5oz) Unsalted butter
- 75g/ml (3oz) Golden syrup
- 400g (14oz) Digestive biscuits
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Seedless raisins
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Glacé cherries, roughly chopped
- 100g Dr. Oetker 70% Extra Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 can Dr. Oetker Pink Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing
- Line a deep 15cm (6inch) round cake tin with 2 layers of cling film, allowing it to overhang the edge of the tin. Break the Extra Dark Chocolate into pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the butter and golden syrup and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat, mix well and leave to cool for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, put 300g (10oz) of the biscuits in a large plastic food bag. Holding the end closed, crush the biscuits finely with a rolling pin. Break up the remaining 100g of biscuits into small chunky pieces. Put the crumbs and pieces in a large bowl and mix in the raisins, cherries and Chocolate Chunks. Leave aside until the chocolate mixture is cool - if the mix is too warm it will melt the Chocolate Chunks.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the cooled chocolate and stir until well combined. Pack down well into the prepared tin using the back of a spoon, then chill for about 2 hours until set firm.
- To serve, carefully remove the cake from the tin using the cling film to help you – you may need to dip the tin in hot water for a few seconds to loosen it. Discard the cling film. Place the cake on a serving plate.
- Following the instructions on the can of Easy Swirl, using the star nozzle, start in the centre of the cake, and pipe spirals all over the top of the cake. Tie a piece of ribbon round the bottom edge of the cake. Your tiffin cake is now ready to serve and enjoy!
- Leave the cake to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before slicing – it will be easier to cut rather than straight from the fridge.
- This recipe works just as well using Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Milk Chocolate or a combination of half Extra Dark and half Milk. Try adding chopped nuts or pieces of Dr. Oetker Marzipan to the mixture for alternative flavours.
Content continues after advertisements