This toffee apple traybake is delicious! A perfect sharing pud oozing with deliciousness.
Toffee apple traybake
Makes about 35 slices
- 450g (1lb) apple
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 225g (8oz) butter
- 140g (4½oz) golden caster sugar
- 140g (4½oz) brown sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 350g (12oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Butter and line a 20x30cm (8x12in) baking tin with parchment paper.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples, then squeeze the lemon juice over and set to one side.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, flour and baking powder into a large bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Spread half the mixture into the prepared tin. Arrange half the apples over the top of the mixture, then repeat for the remaining layers.
- Sprinkle over some sugar and bake for 45-50 mins until golden and springy to the touch. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out of the tin and remove the paper.