This chocolate apple traybake surely counts as one of our five a day, right?
Chocolate apple traybake
Makes about 35 slices
- 4 free-range eggs
- 250g (9oz) sugar
- 200ml (7fl oz) oil
- 500g (1¾oz) apple, peeled, grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 300g (10½oz) plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3-4 tbsp jam
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4, then line a 20x30cm (8x12in) baking tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the eggs, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix with all the other ingredients, except the jam, until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until cooked – a skewer should come out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Remove from the oven and, while it is still warm, spread the jam on the top and cover with melted chocolate. Let it cool.
Content continues after advertisements