Striped mirror glaze cake
Make this funky cake for your family and friends after a big dinner. The mirror glaze is super easy thanks to Cake Décor.
This striped mirror glaze cake is so fun and easy to achieve, perfect for a get together!
Make this funky cake for your family and friends. The mirror glaze is super easy thanks to Cake Décor.
Striped Mirror Glaze Cake
You will need:
For the cake
- 2 x 15cm (6in) sponge cakes
- Cake Décor Chocolate Mirror Glaze
- pink frosting
- white frosting
- pink & white shimmer pearl decorations
- flat icing scraper, 2 piping bags, cake board
- Sandwich the two sponges with buttercream, then cover your cake in a layer of buttercream. Leave to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To create the striped frosting effect, add the pink and white buttercream frostings to two separate piping bags. Pipe the stripes around your cake as neatly as you can, then smooth the buttercream with a flat icing scraper. Pop your frosted cake in the fridge for 4-6 hours to chill.
- Remove the lid of the Cake Décor Chocolate Mirror Glaze pot and heat in an 800W microwave on a medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Give the Chocolate Mirror Glaze a slow stir and place back in the microwave for a further 30 seconds. Repeat as necessary until the glaze is smooth and runny. Microwave times vary so adjust heating times to suit.
- Remove your chilled cake from the fridge and place it on a cake board.
- To create a drip effect, use a spoon to apply the Mirror Glaze around the edges of the cake. Slowly let the glaze drip onto the cake and down the sides, then add more glaze to cover the top of the cake. Do this gradually and make sure not to add too much glaze at a time.
- Before the Mirror Glaze sets, sprinkle the top of your cake with pink and white shimmer pearl decorations.
More in On Trend Techniques
More in Cake Decorating Techniques