Grab you piping bag and get some of these fantastic nozzles and impress everyone very quickly with these designsHere are 10 brilliant frosting techniques to try, go on give them a whirl...
1. Classic Swirl - for this technique use a nozzle that has seven points in a star shape
2. Elegant Rose Swirl - use a six point closed star
3. Hydrangea - use seven pointed star nozzle, the Wilton 2D tip (a large closed star tip) was used here by Glorious Treats
4. Petals - to achieve the floral effect use a small petal nozzle or tip 125 from Wilton
5. Grass - inject some summer vibes into your cupcakes like Linette Barkley did here using a 10mm grass nozzle
6. Ruffles - Hitched recommend this look for weddings as it's very elegant, use the Wilton Decorating Petal Icing Tip #104. The trick is to go up and down in a circular motion layering up on the previous ruffle, look at this video from Sprinkle Bakes for more help.
7. Peaks - open star piping tip - Wilton tip 16 will work well for this look
8. Basketweave - this will achieve such a fun summery effect, the tip has an oval-shaped opening; one side is smooth, and the other side has sharp, tiny zigzag pattern.
9. Tulips - Nifty Nozzles have some excellent, easy to use piping nozzles to achieve this look
10. Fern Leaf - you can find this one at Nifty Nozzles too.