These simple yet effective Halloween cupcakes by Cake Décor are sure to impress any trick or treaters and are super easy to make!
Spooky Halloween cupcakes
You will need: For the cupcakes:
- 12 cupcakes baked to your favourite recipe
- Cake Décor Choco Writers in Milk, White and Dark
- Cake Décor Glitter Spray in Gold and Silver
- Halloween shaped stencils (download for free at www.mycakedecor.co.uk/choco-writers)
- sheets of acetate
- measuring jug
- piping bag
- star nozzle
- Place the Choco Writer in a measuring jug of boiling water and leave to melt for 2-3 minutes. Carefully lift the Choco Writer out of the water and knead to ensure that the contents have melted, placing back into the water if not. Once the Choco Writer has softened, lift it out of the water, unscrew the cap and carefully snip off the tip of the nozzle with scissors.
- Print out your chosen Halloween stencil and place under a sheet of clear acetate. Use the Choco Writers to follow the outlines, then fill the inside. We used the Dark and Milk Choco Writers for the witches’ hats and bats, and the White Choco Writer for the spider webs.
- Leave the acetate sheets to the side to allow the chocolate toppers to set.
- Add the buttercream to a piping bag and use a star nozzle to frost the cupcakes with a swirl pattern. You want this to be quite fresh to allow the Choco Writer shapes to adhere.
- Once the shapes have set, add a generous covering of Cake Décor Gold and Silver Glitter Spray for a truly dazzling finish.
- Gently peel your Choco Writer shapes from the acetate – making sure to only touch the edges and the back so as not to disrupt the glitter – and place them on your cupcakes.