These sweet little Christmas bee's, complete with Santa hats make perfect Christmas cake and cupcake toppers.
Christmas Bee Cake Toppers
By Christina (www.pennythebee.com)For the Bees: Yellow and white sugar paste Light blue, black and red modelling sugar paste To Decorate & Special Equipment: Rolling pin Flower/leaf shaper tool Mini palette knife Drop shape cutter Brush Edible glue Scissors Method:
- Take a piece of yellow sugar paste and make a shape of a bee with your hand.
- Roll out some black modeling sugar paste with the rolling pin. Cut 2 stripes with your mini palette knife and wrap them around the bee’s body fixing them with some edible glue.
- With the flower/leaf shaper tool create a hole in the upper part of the bee’s body between the 2 black stripes to insert the wings.
- Create the wings by rolling out a small piece of light blue modelling sugar paste. Cut out 2 wings with the drop shape cutter. Stick the wings on the bee and press firmly.
- To make the eyes make 2 small balls with white sugar paste and 2 very small balls with black sugar paste and stick them on the white balls.
- To make the hat, use a tiny piece of red modelling sugar paste and shape it as a cone. Wrap a piece of white sugar paste around the base of the cone.
- With your mini palette knife now cut off a little part of the white base in order to obtain a flat base. Stick a tiny ball of white sugar paste on top of your red cone.
- Stick the hat on top of the bee’s head. With the flower/leaf shaper create the smile. If you want to obtain an ‘astonished’ expression create a hole instead of a smile with the same tool.