Everyone needs a bit of glitz in their life sometimes - these cupcakes are super glam yet easy to achieve!Add some glitz and glamour to your cupcakes with these gorgeous gold flower designs by Lindsay Pemberton from Joyful Tiers.
Gold flower dome cupcakes
You will need:For the cupcakes
- 12 baked cupcakes in gold foil cases
- 200g (7oz) white sugarpaste
- 75g (2¾oz) white flower paste
- 250g (9oz) buttercream
- a little royal icing
- Sugarflair Autumn Leaf gel colouring
- edible glue
- gold lustre dust
- rolling pin
- non-stick board
- circle cutter
- half-sphere foam formers
- 5-petal flower cutter
- daisy centre stamps
- ball tool
- apple tray
- piping bag
- Colour your sugarpaste using autumn leaf gel colour and cut out one circle for each cupcake. Leave these to dry on half sphere foam moulds to form the dome.
- Roll your flower paste to about 3mm (1/8in) and cut out a five-petal flower for each cupcake.
- Using a ball tool, soften the edges of each petal, keeping the tool half on the petal and half on your soft pad. Once you have softened each petal, leave to dry in an apple tray until hard.
- Mix a little flower paste into your remaining gold sugarpaste, roll into small balls and press into the daisy centre stamps to create the centre of your flowers. Using a little edible glue, secure this to the centre of each flower. Leave to dry in an apple tray until hard.
- Mix your gold dust with a little vodka to form edible gold paint. Using a small flat paintbrush, paint the edges and centre of your flowers with gold paint.
- Pipe some buttercream on top of each cupcake and place your now dry dome on top. Using a little royal icing, secure your decorated flower to the centre of each dome.
Content continues after advertisements