After being away for a little while, The Scottish Baking Awards are returning with a bang!
The return of the Scottish Baking Awards
will be good news for many. Open to everyone in the UK, not many baking events make their way up north, and so Melanie Andrews MBE is bringing the baking buzz back to Scotland.
The Awards will return on September 5th 2020, but entries are already open to the public (UK and Ireland)!
Taking place at the Luxury 5 Star hotel Mar Hall, just outside Glasgow, there is no other awards show open to entries of this type in Scotland. All Scotland's bakers have to travel south of the Border to attend baking shows, such as Cake international and the Cake and Bake show
Beginning in 2009, there was no awarding body for Artisan Bakers and Patisseries chefs in Scotland until the Scottish Baking Awards arrived on the scene.
For 2020, the awards are back with a brand new format and exciting celebrity judges. Judges already signed up include:
- Lady Claire Macdonald OBE for the home baking category
- Phil and Christine Jensen from Extreme Cakemakers
- Lindy Smith from sugarcraft
- Novelist and Cakemaker Anna Taylor Dillon
- Multi Award-winning cake artist, Theodore Chana from Masterchef Professionals
- Masterchef Professionals winner, Gary McLean
- Master Award winning Chocolatier, Shona Sutherland
- Michelle Orme of The Vegan Cakery
- and of course Professional Chef and Masterbaker Melanie Andrews herself
- Plus a few more celebrities not confirmed as yet.
There are 8 categories including -
- Sugar Artistry/Novelty
- Speciality Baking (Sugar-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
- Junior (ages 8-16)
Each category has the potential to win a Gold Trophy plus £50 cash, Silver and Bronze medals and a certificate of merit.
Find out more and enter for yourself at scottishbakingawards.co.uk