A delicious sweet biscuit to have with your afternoon cup of tea. Ingredients | Makes 36
- Seeds from 12 cardamom pods
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 60g salted butter, cubed
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Grease 2-3 baking trays and finely grind the cardamom seeds in a pestle and mortar then set to one side.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl then rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the ground cardamom seeds.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the sunflower oil a tablespoon at a time. Mix with a rounded ended knife until the dough comes together. Once the dough is combined roll out between two sheets of baking paper to a depth of 2mm. Chill the rolled dough in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Cut 3.5x5cm rectangles from the chilled dough then place on the prepared baking trays. Prick each rectangle with a fork a few times and bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 mins on the baking trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Content continues after advertisements