Rainbow Doughnuts by Baking Mad
For the batter:
- 360g Self-raising white flour (we use Allinson)
- 120g White caster sugar (we use Silver Spoon)
- ¼tsp Salt
- 190g Greek yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- 80g Olive oil
- 80ml Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Food colouring squirts of each gel colouring of your colour choice
For the place icing:
- 110g Icing sugar (we use Silver Spoon)
- 3tbsp Lemon juice use any flavouring you like
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Gradually add the wet ingredients until just combined (don't add the dyes just yet).
- To create the colours for the doughnuts, divide the mixture into 6 smaller bowls.
- Add your food gel of choice to each bowl and ensure the colour is mixed through thoroughly.
- Use a teaspoon, play the coloured mixtures in a small amount into each cavity of the doughnut pan until 3/4 full. You can swirl it a little to achieve a marbled effect.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the doughnuts have risen. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing to cool completely on a rack.
For the icing:
- Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix these together until a runny icing has formed.
- Wait until the doughnuts have cooled completely before decorating.
Tip: the best way to ice the doughnuts is to drop them in upside. Fish them out and this will leave the tops covered nicely and evenly.