White chocolate and raspberry buns recipe from the National Trust
A summer-time sweet treat with a fruity raspberry flavour and a golden finish, these raspberry buns are perfect with a cup of freshly brewed tea or coffee.Preparation time 30 minutes (1 hour to prove). Cooking time 20 minutes. Serves 12. Ingredients For the dough
- 600g strong white flour
- 11g dried yeast
- 50g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 400ml warm water
- 75g butter
- 200g raspberry jam
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 100g white chocolate drops
- For the dough: add all the dry dough ingredients to the mixer bowl, attach the dough hook and turn on low. Gradually add the warm water, and continue to mix until a soft, smooth dough has formed.
- Add the butter and continue to mix until it is combined and the dough is smooth again.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Place into a floured bowl. Cover and leave to prove until doubled in size for around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take the dough and roll into a rectangle approximately 48cm by 30 cm, with the long edge facing towards you.
- Spread with jam, ensuring you get right to edges. Sprinkle over the raspberries and white chocolate, and then roll tightly from top to bottom, squaring up the ends as you go to ensure it remains as even as possible.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces, approximately 3cm in width. Place on a lined tray, cut side up, squash down slightly, cover and allow to prove again until doubled in size for around 45 minutes.
- Place into the oven at 170C for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden and risen.
Content continues after advertisements