This brownie mix in a jar is an easy and fun gift that will satisfy the receiver without breaking the bank...
Brownie mix in a jar by Emma Robinson for Tala
Makes 1 jar of brownie mix
- 100g (3½oz) plain flour
- 75g (2¾oz) soft light brown sugar
- 75g (2¾oz) dark chocolate chips
- 75g (2¾oz) caster sugar
- 50g (1¾oz) cocoa powder
- 100g (3½oz) chopped macadamia nuts and dried cranberries
You will need:
- Tala Storage Jar (700ml (1¼pt))
- decorative materials (ribbon, tinsel, etc.)
- gift tag & pen
- small sticky label
- Carefully layer all the ingredients in the jar in the order listed above.
- Decorate the jar with ribbon, tinsel and baubles.
- Carefully write the baking instructions onto a gift tag and attach to the jar:
- ‘To enjoy a batch of homemade brownies, mix the contents of this jar with 150g (5½oz) melted butter and 3 free-range eggs. Bake at 180°C/Gas Mark 4 for 12 minutes until baked but still squidgy.’
- Label the jar with information, alerting the recipient to the presence of gluten, nuts and any other allergens.