Not too sweet, a great tang and a lovely moist bake, this marmalade and yoghurt bundt cake is one to make again and again.
Marmalade and Yoghurt Bundt CakePreparation time 20 mins Baking time 45-50 mins Serves 12 For the bundt cake:
- 375g butter, softened
- 300g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 375g self-raising flour
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 80g thick cut marmalade
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- 1½ tsp water
- Zest of ½ orange
- Prepare the bundt tin by greasing well and preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift in the flour and fold through until the mixture is even.
- Warm the marmalade for 20 seconds in the microwave to loosen and add to the cake mixture with the natural yoghurt. Stir until evenly combined. Add the cake mixture to the prepared tin and roughly level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 mins until a skewer when inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 30 mins, place a plate over the top of the tin and invert – the cake should drop cleanly onto the plate. Remove the tin and allow the cake to cool fully.
- To glaze, mix the icing sugar with a little water to form a thick icing. Drizzle over the top of the cake and finish with the grated zest of ½ an orange. Serve.
Content continues after advertisements