Spring cake pops – Recipe from Baking Mad
Prep 1 hour – Bake 35 mins – Serves 15 – Skill Level Easy
Ingredients for the cake
- 200g Butter (unsalted)softened
- 350g Dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 3 Egg(s) (free range)medium
- 250g Unrefined dark muscovado sugar(we use Billington's)
- 50g Self-raising white flour(we use Allinson)
For the decoration
- 200g Dark chocolate chips melted
- Sprinkle decorations
- 15 lollipop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°c, gas mark 5) and line a 25cm x 20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs until they are pale and fluffy, then add the sugar and whisk until thick, gently fold in the melted chocolate.
- Sieve in the flour and fold in until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until you see a paper-like crust on the surface and there should still be some movement in the centre of the tin.
- Remove from the oven and leave until completely cool.
- Next break-up the brownie into crumbs. Using your hands, take some of the brownie crumb and roll into a ball, then into a small egg shape and place onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Repeat this with the entire brownie then place the eggs into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove the brownie eggs from the freezer. Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate then carefully push into the base of the egg, repeat this with all the eggs.
- Then dip the entire egg into the chocolate ensuring it is completely covered then place into a cake pop stand or florist’s oasis. Sprinkle with you chosen sprinkle decoration or leave plain.
Content continues after advertisements