For a true taste of autumn this spiced apple, cider pecan and maple bundt cake looks as good as it tastes!
Apple Cider, Pecan and Maple Bundt CakePreparation time 20 mins Baking time 45 mins-1 hour Serves 8 For the cake:
- 330ml good quality apple cider
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g butter, melted
- 150g soft dark brown sugar
- 5 Cox’s apples, peeled and grated
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g chopped pecans
- 1 Cox’s apple, cored and cut into slices 3mm thick
- 250g mascarpone
- 4 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp single cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a 20cm Bundt tin or springform cake tin. For the cake, boil the cider in a saucepan until it has reduced in volume by 2/3 then set aside to cool.
- Place the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the grated apple and mix well. Stir in the eggs and reduced cider and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the pecans and mix well then pour into the flour and spice mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Place the apple slices around the base of the prepared tin then spoon the batter on top. Bake for 45 mins-1 hour until springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins or until the edges come away easily before carefully turning out onto a flat serving plate.
- For the icing, whisk the mascarpone, icing sugar and ground cinnamon together. Beat in the cream to loosen the mixture then drizzle over the top of the cake. Top the cake with a drizzle of maple syrup and serve.
Content continues after advertisements