This very traditional family favourite recipe is from one of our longstanding fans The Baking Nanna.The Baking Nanna is one of the faces behind the Twitter Bake Along and has been a fan of Baking Heaven magazine for years.
8" Victoria Sponge
- 4 eggs
- 8oz caster sugar
- 8oz Stork
- 8oz self raising flour
- 5oz Stork or butter
- 10oz icing sugar
- Strawberry jam to fill
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
- Line the base of two 8" sandwich tins and set your oven to gas mark 3/170℃.
- Whisk up the eggs and sugar till light and fluffy next add the Stork and mix till it's all combined then finally fold in the flour.
- Once it's all combined divided between the two tins and level with a spoon finally give each tin a tap on your worktop and then bake on the middle shelf for around 40/45 mins (I like to bake mine separate as this gives a even bake to your cake. Once baked and cooled make your buttercream by whipping up your Stork/butter till it's nice and fluffy and then add the icing sugar a little at a time.
- Put a layer of jam on your 1st cake then a layer of buttercream then pop the second cake on top and decorate with more buttercream and fresh strawberries
TIP: The buttercream rosettes on this cake are done with a open star nozzle. My cake has Stork buttercream but I know it's frowned on by the baking world but my lot enjoy it.SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave
Content continues after advertisements