Chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies recipe from Skippy is the perfect pre-festive treat! Simple to make, get the kids involved in the fun chocolate dipping decoration! Ingredients
– 250g SKIPPY® Smooth Peanut Butter
– 55g softened butter
– 200g caster sugar
– 1 large egg, lightly beaten
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 150g plain flour
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¾ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– ½ teaspoon baking powder
– 115g dark chocolate
– 115g white chocolate
Garnish Coloured sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts and desiccated coconut Directions
- Heat oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4)
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer cream the peanut butter, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; mix until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix just until blended.
- Shape dough into 3cm balls. Place on non-stick baking paper.
- Press with a fork to flatten and create a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely on a baking sheet.
- In 2 separate bowls, melt chocolate in a microwave or in a bain-marie.
- Dip cookies halfway into dark and white chocolates and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Let stand on greaseproof paper until completely set.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, which are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, International section of Tesco and Ocado.