A fun and simple recipe for coffee cookies...Using fair trade ingredients, these treats have a taste-good and feel-good factor to them and are sure to be a fun activity for all the family!
Coffee Cookies recipeIngredients for a perfect coffee biscuit base To make 25 of these delicious coffee-filled biscuits for the family to enjoy, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of fair trade instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 heaped cup of fair trade caster sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 90 grams of butter
- 450g of icing sugar
- 8 tablespoons of milk
- Food colouring paste
- And all the edible glitter you want!
- Simply mix the hot water and instant coffee together.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Now is the time to mix everything together. Add your coffee and butter mixture into the flour bowl and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Shape the cookies to be whatever you want! If made small, this recipe can create 25 adorable biscuits. However, go wild with your favourite cookie cutters. For those wanting to get extra creative, make a small hole near the edge of your biscuit and once baked, thread a ribbon through it to make a cute ‘Number One Dad’ medal! The choice is yours.
- After placing on a baking tray, put them into a preheated oven for 20 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Once done, leave your biscuits on a cooling rack to cool before adding the icing.
- Stir together the icing sugar and milk until a smooth texture is created.
- Then, add in the corn syrup and almond extract and beat until the icing has a smooth and glossy texture. To prevent the icing being too thick, add in extra corn syrup if need be.
- Depending on how colourful you want your biscuits to be, divide the icing into separate bowls and add in the food colourings.
Content continues after advertisements