Delightfully zesty dairy-free lemon sherbet Refresher cupcakes, topped with lemon buttercream and 'Refresher's' bars.
by Eloise Dowell (Eloise's Dairy-Free Delights)Ingredients: Cupcakes:
- 250g plain flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 250g dairy-free margarine
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- Lemon extract
- Lemon zest
- 200g dairy free butter
- 600 icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/ 180C.
- Cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted sugar, flour and salt also the eggs, lemon extract, lemon zest and milk and beat until fully combined.
- Scoop into the cupcake cases until two-thirds full. Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean and has a springy feeling when touched, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Core out the middle of the cupcake and place some sherbet in the center, and place the lid back on top.
- Cream the butter in an electric stand mixture until pale and fluffy for 4-5 minutes on a medium to high speed.
- Sift the icing sugar into another bowl and add to the butter in 2 additions. Beat well after each addition.
- Scrape the sides and beat on low speed for 2 minutes, and chill until ready to use.
- Pipe (using a star nozzle tip) a sleek, smooth swirl on top of the cupcakes and cut a refresher strip in quarters and twist it and place on top of the cupcake.
Content continues after advertisements