Vegan strawberry cupcakes recipe by Violife
Ingredients For the cupcakes
- 220g (7 1⁄2 oz) plain flour
- 200g (7 oz) sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 240ml (8 1⁄2 fl oz) almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80ml (3fl oz) olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
For the frosting
- 200g (7oz) Violife Creamy Original
- 50g (13⁄4oz) coconut powder
- 100g (31⁄2oz) icing sugar
- fresh strawberries
- sliced coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with 6 cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, oil and white vinegar, then mix thoroughly, using a hand whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Pour the batter into a jug and pour evenly into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Take out the cupcakes and move to a cooling rack and allow to cool before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing together the Violife Creamy Original, coconut powder and icing sugar.
- Use a piping bag, cover each cupcake with the frosting before decorating with strawberry slices and coconut flakes.