Sticky Toffee Cupcakes Recipe by Forever Baking
- 150g Dates pitted, finely chopped
- 1 tbspTreacle
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 75g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Medium Eggs, beaten
- 115g Self-Raising Flour
- Bicarbonate of soda (1 tsp)
- 50g Fudge Chunks
- 125g Unsalted Butter softened
- 225g Icing Sugar (8 oz)
- 50g dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5). Line a muffin tin with 12 Muffin Cases. Put the dates in a saucepan with 150ml (¼ pt) water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for about 5 minutes until soft. Remove from the heat, stir in the treacle and mix well. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy in texture. Stir in the cold date mixture and Vanilla Extract and whisk in the eggs.
- Sift the flour and Bicarbonate of Soda on top. Carefully mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the Muffin Cases and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and mix in the icing sugar to make a smooth, creamy icing. Mix in the Caramel Flavour.
- Using a split piping bag add the icing to one side and 4 tbsp of dulce de leche to the other half. Pipe a generous amount of icing on top of each cake using a swirl motion and top each with a few pieces of the remaining Fudge Pieces to serve.
Content continues after advertisements