These wholesome, easy to make muffins are packed with blueberries and a tasty banana– enjoy for breakfast or a coffee time snack.This recipe is from Marriage's Millers. W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd has been milling flour in Essex since 1824. Marriage’s was founded by twins William and Henry nearly 200 years ago. Today the fifth and sixth generations of the Marriage family continue the milling tradition. We source the best wheat, much of it from farmers within 30 miles of Chelmer Mills, including our own arable farms. Our flour is produced using a combination of the traditional techniques we have trusted for generations and the best modern milling technology. Marriage’s flour is available from Ocado, Abel & Cole, www.flour.co.uk and health food stores and farm shops nationwide.
Banana and Blueberry Muffins
Preparation time: 20 minutes - Baking time: 20 minutes - Makes: 12 muffins
- 300g Golden Wholegrain Plain Flour
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 15g baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 225ml milk
- 150g blueberries
- 1 medium banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon oats (optional for topping)
- A muffin tray lined with paper muffin case
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/220C/440F/Gas 6.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, then pour in the oil, egg and milk. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until roughly mixed.
- Add the blueberries and bananas, then stir until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. If desired, sprinkle with oats. Bake in the heated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the tray and cool the muffins on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature.