These Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins from Bath Baby Cakes are the perfect all in one recipe for making with the kids.
Hannah from Bath Baby Cakes
made this recipe for children and has used it many times for classes at a local primary school. It's a favourite because it's easy and is a great way of getting children in the kitchen having some fun.
Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes: 8 muffins
- 1 banana
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/essence 2 dsp chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with 8 muffin cases.
- Use a fork to mash the banana onto a plate and scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Measure out all the other ingredients and place them into the mixing bowl in any order.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake at 170 ̊C for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.