If you’re looking to make healthy changes to your lifestyle, sometimes the little things can make a big impact.
Pineapple Bran Muffins
Content continues after advertisements
Makes 12 muffins
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 90g light brown sugar
- 90g All-Bran cereal
- 50g California Raisins
- 50g walnuts chopped
- 150g pineapple drained and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml milk
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling on top
1. Set the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 7. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
2. In a large bowl place flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, light brown sugar, All-Bran cereal, raisins, chopped walnuts and pineapple. Mix well together until evenly blended.
3. Place the egg, milk and vegetable oil in a bowl and whisk.
4. Stir the liquid into the dry mix.
5. Divide mixture evenly between the 12 paper muffin cases. Sprinkle a little demerara sugar on top of each muffin.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts (per muffin)
of which saturates fats
For more health benefits and recipe ideas, check out California Raisins on Facebook or Twitter @CalRaisinsUK
Recipe by California Raisins