Carrot cake pancakes
Brought to you by British Organic Carrots
- 100 g wholemeal or white self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mixed spice
- 20 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 4 tbsp low fat plain yoghurt
- 100 ml milk
- 150 g British organic carrots (peeled and grated)
- 50 g raisins or sultanas
- 3-4 tsp vegetable oil, clear honey or golden syrup to servce (optional)
Put the flour, salt, mixed spice, sugar, egg, yoghurt and milk into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk or fork to mix everything together thoroughly.
Stir in the grated organic carrot and raisins or sultanas.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2-3 drops of oil. Cook tablespoons of the batter in batches, turning them over after 1-2 minutes to cook the other sides. Make about 8 small pancakes altogether, adding a few more drops of oil to the frying pan with each batch.
Serve the warm pancakes with a drizzle of honey or golden syrup, if you like.