These Chocolate Christmas Pudding Crispies are so simple - try making them as a fun, festive activity Your kids are sure to love making these super easy Chocolate Christmas Pudding Crispies from Dr. Oetker.
Chocolate Christmas Pudding Crispies
Preparation Time: 40 Makes: 6
- 150g (5oz) Dr. Oetker 54% Dark Fine Cooks’ Chocolate
- 50g (2oz) Lightly salted butter
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Golden syrup
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Digestive biscuits, crumbled into small pieces
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) Dr. Oetker Valencian Orange Natural Extract
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Dr. Oetker White Fine Cooks’ Chocolate
- Mint leaves and pomegranate seeds
- Line 6 muffin tins with cling film. Break up the Dark Chocolate and place in a saucepan. Add the butter and syrup. Place over a low heat, and stir gently until melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the rice cereal, biscuits and Orange Extract, and mix well to make sure everything is well coated. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins, piling it up and then pressing down well with the back of a spoon to make sure the tins are well packed with mixture. Chill for at least an hour until firm and set. Using the cling film to help, carefully pull out the mixture from the muffin tins, unwrap and place upside down on a wire rack.
- To decorate, break up the White Chocolate and place in a small heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt. Remove from the water and cool for 10 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to dollop the melted White Chocolate on top of each crispy cake, allowing it to drip down the sides to resemble custard. Leave for about 30 minutes in a cool place to set before decorating with mint leaves and pomegranate seeds. Your crispy chocolate puddings are now ready to serve and enjoy!
Add 1g (2.5ml/1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon or mixed spice for a traditional Christmassy flavour.