Make all your little stars happy with these savoury sausage rockets, perfect for Fireworks Night or New Years Eve!
Tate and Lyle’s Sausage RocketsTime to prepare: 20 minutes - Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes - Makes: 8 Ingredients
- 8 large sausages
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Lyle's golden Syrup
- 225g ready–rolled puff pastry
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Sesame seeds
- Red and orange Pepper
- Fry or grill the sausages until golden all over. Cool. Heat the oven to 220C/200Cfan/ gas 7.
- Insert a wooden skewer through each sausage. Place on a plate. Mix together the soy sauce and Lyle’s Golden Syrup and brush over the sausages.
- Unwrap one sheet of pastry and cut into 8 strips from the shorter end. Wrap around the sausages in a spiral, taking care not to stretch the pastry, place on a baking sheet and brush with egg glaze then sprinkle with sesame seeds.Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cut each pepper in half then cut out triangles and insert them in the tips of the skewers. You may like to insert a further longer wooden barbecue skewer to make the spirals look more like rockets.