Bake a refreshing citrus treat this summer, with this lovely lemon tart.
- 500g (1lb 1oz) sweet pastry
- 10 free-range eggs
- 250ml (9fl oz) lemon juice
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 250ml (9fl oz) double cream
- a large spoonful of Jo Hilditch British Blackcurrants in Cassis
- whipped cream, to serve 1
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas Mark 2. Line a 23cm (9in) pastry ring and blind bake the pastry case.
- Whisk the lemon juice and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Add the eggs and whisk, then stir in the cream. Pour into the pastry case and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Cool for 2-3 hours. Cut with a warm knife and serve with the blackcurrants and cream.