Pucker up for these little meringue kisses! Give to someone you love in a stylish apothecary glass jar.
Raspberry Meringue Kisses
- 240g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon good-quality bright red gel food colour
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 100°C/80°C Fan/Gas Mark ½. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and dust with a little caster sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites in a food mixer until they form soft peaks. Continue whisking and slowly add half the sugar, making sure it is thoroughly incorporated into the egg whites.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and very slowly fold in the rest of the sugar using a large metal spoon. You should end up with a raw meringue that is thick and silky in texture and has a glossy sheen.
- Add the gel food colour to the raspberry jam and mix together. Using a fork, gently drag the jam mixture through the meringue to marble, but do not over-mix.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of the meringue onto the lined baking tray, then sprinkle the tops with finely chopped pistachios. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the meringues lift easily off the baking parchment. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipes taken from Delicious Gifts, published by Absolute Press, £18.99, Hardback Photography © Jodi Hinds