These chocolate and beetroot energy balls are perfect for when you need a little pick me up during the day.
These energy balls by Olivia Cooney for Love Beetroot are perfect for a pick me up or a post-gym snack.
Chocolate and beetroot energy balls
- 75g (2¾oz) cooked beetroot
- 75g (2¾oz) rolled oats
- 100g (3½oz) pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa or protein powder
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- Coating options
- mixed seeds, desiccated coconut and cocoa powder
- Grate the beetroot into a sieve over the sink and leave for a few minutes to drain any excess liquid.
- Using a food processor, whizz the dates, nut butter and honey or syrup into a smooth paste.
- Then add the oats, cocoa or protein powder, essence and salt and blend until smooth and thick. With damp hands, shape into teaspoon-sized balls and roll in your desired coating.
- Place in fridge for 10-15 mins to firm up.