These are so luxe! Golden chunks, chocolate covered and then dipped in pistachio crumbs – elegant, stunning and almost too good to share!
Chocolate and Pistachio Honeycomb Shards
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate
- 50g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Put the sugar and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan and mix to make a paste, then slowly melt over a low to medium heat until the mixture reaches 150°∆C or the hard crack stage on a sugar thermometer.
- Take the pan off the heat and quickly beat in the bicarbonate of soda using a wooden spoon – take care as the mixture will froth up to make honeycomb. Quickly pour the honeycomb onto the lined baking tray and allow to set at room temperature. Once set, remove the baking parchment and smash the honeycomb into shards.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the base of the bowl. Once melted, stir the chocolate then dip the smashed honeycomb in, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and leave to set on silicone paper.
Recipes taken from Delicious Gifts, published by Absolute Press, £18.99, Hardback Photography © Jodi Hinds