This Malteser Rocky Road not only tastes delicious when it's done, but as it's made with no raw ingredients, you can lick the spoon and any chocolaty fingers as you go!
Malteser® Rocky Road ‘No Bake’ Cake
Serves 12 | Preparation time 15 mins plus 45 mins chilling | No baking required
For the rocky road:
- 250g unsalted butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g dark chocolate (70 % cocoa solids)
- 75g cocoa powder
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 225g Maltesers®
- 150g Pecans roughly chopped
- 150g Mini Marshmallows
For the decoration:
- 100g white chocolate
- Line a baking dish or plastic box approx 20x23cm with silicone parchment making sure it comes at least 7cm up the sides.
- Gently melt the butter and syrup in a large pan over a low heat. Remove from the heat and then add the chocolate and cocoa powder. Using the residual heat from the pan stir until fully melted.
- Put the digestives into a large bowl and crush using the end of a rolling pin until you have a fine/medium crumb. Add the digestives, marshmallows, pecans and Maltesers® into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture in the pan and stir until all the ingredients are coated.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined dish/box and using your hands, firmly press the mixture into the corners and level the top. Put in the fridge for 45 mins until fully cooled.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 15 second bursts. Be careful not to burn the chocolate or it will have a bitter taste. Drizzle the melted chocolate in a zigzag pattern over surface of cake, turn cake around and drizzle again to create the cross-hatched finish, leave to set before slicing into squares.