Raisins are a great source of nutrients, they are also packed in fibre and vitamins and minerals.
California Raisin Energy Bars
Makes 16 square bars
- 350g agave nectar
- 250g rolled or porridge oats
- 140g California Raisins
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 40g Pumpkin seeds
- 40g Sunflower seeds
- 40g Sesame seeds
- 100g Chopped mixed nuts (optional)
- Heat the oven to 130˚C/260˚F/Gas ½, and oil and base line a 34cm x 20cm x 3cm (13 1⁄2" x 8" x 1") brownie baking tin.
- Warm the agave nectar in a large saucepan
- Mix together all the other ingredients in a large bowl. Add the warm agave nectar and mix together to distribute the ingredients and coat with the agave nectar.
- Spread the mixture into the tin and press drown with a spatula or wooden spoon to even the surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden, then remove and leave to cool for 20 minutes, cut in half and 8 across to make 16 bars. Leave to cool completely.
Recipe by California Raisins