Crunchy biscuit base and gooey filling textures teamed with chocolate and peanut butter flavours make an irresistible combination in these seriously addictive slices!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter SlicesPreparation time 30 mins plus cooling and setting Baking time 20 mins Makes 20 slices For the biscuit base:
- 110g butter, softened
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 160g plain flour, sifted
- 30g cocoa powder, sifted
- 397g can condensed milk
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- Grease a 20cm square tin and line the base and sides with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- For the base, cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Press the dough into the base of the prepared tin using your fingertips or the back of a spoon then bake for 20 mins. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- For the filling, put the condensed milk, peanut butter and sugar in a pan and heat gently, stirring continuously until the until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Once dissolved, turn up the heat and bring to the boil still stirring continuously. Boil for 5 mins, stirring all the time to prevent the mixture from burning on the base of the pan. Remove from the heat and pour over the cooled biscuit base then set aside to cool completely.
- Break up the chocolate into chunks and melt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter layer and spread out evenly. Allow to set then cut into slices.
Content continues after advertisements